Thursday, March 31, 2011

Welcome Joshua!

We found out we were pregnant at the end of June 2010. We already had three little boys and was excited to be adding another member to the family. Everything was going well until about 10 weeks when the dreaded morning sickness hit me hard. I ended up in the hospital receiving fluids because of dehydration. I was on prescriptions to help me at least keep a little bit of food down. By the grace of God and a wonderful Husband, I started to feel somewhat normal around 20 weeks.

At the 20 week anatomy ultrasound, We found out we were having another little boy!
Our little Joshua! How exciting to be a Mom of four boys! During the ultrasound I noticed the tech. was looking at the flow of blood in his umbilical cord a little more than I had remembered with my other boys. I didn't think much of it. When we talked to the doctor after the scan, we found out that Joshua had a two vessel cord. With a two vessel cord, there is higher chance of other defects of the body, but she reassured us that everything else looked normal and that there wasn't anything to worry about.

Again, everything was going well and I felt great! At 32 weeks, I was somewhat surprised that another doctor in the practice said we would start to monitor Joshua with ultrasound and at 36 weeks with fluids checks and non-stress test because of the two vessel cord. Again, we were reassured that Joshua was fine and that it was just precautionary. We did the scans and the fluid checks until 39 weeks when Joshua decided he was ready to join the family.

We welcomed Joshua David to the family on March 5, 2011. He was my tiny little guy (most likely caused by the two vessel cord) weighing 6lb. 2oz. and was 19in. long.

No comments:

Post a Comment